Sunday, March 13, 2011

Oh Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie...you make me laugh!


Lately it seems that I have been sharing alot of beefs and bouquets with regards to customer service. I think that the "bouquet's" are winning and I have another to share with you today.

My husband and I planned a getaway with another couple to Grande Prairie. We chose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express because a) we had stayed there before and b) I form habits easily.

I called the hotel and made reservations, letting the clerk know that we would be arriving sometime early evening.

It was a hectic day, and we didn't arrive at the hotel til about 6:30. Checking in was simple (as usual) and the clerk provided me with my complimentary WiFi password (love free Wifi).

Opening our hotel room door, I quickly spot a bag of chips sitting on the credenza. Beside it was a personalized letter to me, thanking me for choosing to stay once again at the Holiday Inn and then proceeded to tell me a cute joke. The personalized letter (signed by a real human being), the cute little joke and the bag of chips made me smile.

Quickly, I tweeted my twitter buddy @9InchMarketing and gave him the 911 on the "extra special" touch that the Holiday Inn Express added for me. He agreed, this was definitely an example of "lagniappe" and it would be listed as #740 in his Purple Goldfish Project. Yeah!

Now....if you want to know what "lagniappe" means and perhaps read a little more about their Purple Goldfish Project you can check it out here.

So....to the gal at the Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie who left me the personalized letter WITH a cute joke AND a treat....you made me smile! Thank you

In case you are interested...here is the cute joke:

A nurse at a hospital received a call from an anxious patient. "I'm a diabetic and I'm afraid I've had too much sugar today", the caller said.

"Are you light-headed?" the nurse asked.

"No," the caller answered, "I'm a brunette".

Judy

No comments: