Wednesday, June 27, 2012

One hand tied behind my back.....

Some of you may be wondering, "Is Judy ever going to post anything ever again on her blog?"

I thought I should explain.....

Note condition of left hand:

My left hand and wrist with cast

As you can see, the cast extends to the tips of my fingers, only leaving my thumb free to mock me. At this point, the hand is only good for hitchhiking....

Typing is a laborious exercise that I have to carefully consider before beginning to write something as I type with only one hand and it is so very frustrating.

I know that I should be thankful that it isn't worse and I respect those individuals who are dealing with so much more. I am thankful.

I know many are wondering, "where did she hurt herself?"  (Roller Derby practice), "how did she hurt herself?" (I fell down).

My new Roller Derby skates


 I fractured two fingers (at the joint where the finger meets the hand). One apparently "shattered" (gotta love the Doctors who "paint" with words).

So now you are thinking...."wow! Judy is pretty cool! She does Roller Derby!"

and you would be right....I AM cool

but....

I should clarify about the falling down part.

I didn"t have skates on at the time (insert sad face emoticon here).

Go ahead.....I know you want to laugh.

Judy


No comments: