Friday, February 5, 2010

The Weary Traveller

Wow! 2010 is barely out of the gate and I have been out of town 2 weeks out of the four already.

First stop was The Special Event in New Orleans. This was a professional development event for me and I had the opportunity to attend 9 educational sessions which included marketing, branding as well as some creative workshops focusing on design. I also met some wonderful people in New Orleans and wished that I could spend more time visiting with the locals. The food was tremendous and I tried a little bit of everything including alligator!

There were two standout workshops for me. The first was a press workshop by Tara Wilson owner of Tara Wilson Events. She was down to earth and willing to share all of her experiences with the audience. She is definitely going places that girl, and I look forward to seeing her on Martha Stewart one of these days. The other stand out workshop for me was the branding workshop with Kristy Chenell and and Frances Marron. They were great presenters and provided a great deal of good information. I was pleased to see that I was on the right track already with my branding, but in need of some additional information.

After returning home, it was a quick rest up and then off to Edmonton, Alberta to present at the Edmonton Tourism AGM.

The Edmonton Tourism AGM was held at the new Expo Centre and organizers tried very hard (and succeeded) in making this a green event. My hat is off to Ramona McVicker and her group! Thank you for hosting such a wonderful green event.

At the AGM I was fortunate enough to make contact with a gentleman from Powerful Play. We followed up with a phone call when I got home. Check out Robert's website at www.powerfulplayexperiences.ca to learn more about him. His workshops appear to be really innovative and creative and alot of fun!

I am now getting prepared for my next trip which is to Denver for the Green Meeting Industry Council Conference. I am sooooo excited! I come home from the GMIC conference truly inspired and motivated and ready to tackle the world!

Talk to you soon!

J

1 comment:

Tara, Your Savvy Girl! said...

Judy,
Thank you for attending Getting The Press You Deserve! And I really appreicate your comments here on your blog. Please let me know if I can ever be a resource for you!

Be Savvy,
Tara