Friday, April 9, 2010

I spy with my green eyes.......

Just found this on twitter and had to share it with you.

Excerpt from the article written by GLENDA LUYMES, THE PROVINCE April 8, 2010

CANADA'S FIRST ECO-DAIRY SET TO LAUNCH

"...Although the farm is still under construction and set to open in late May or early June, 50 cows and 1,000 chickens are already at work, producing milk and eggs that will eventually be sold in an on-site market.

"It's all about going back to nature," said Vanderkooi. "We're concerned with healthy living and we really want to help educate people about healthy food and a healthy lifestyle."

The cows and the chickens all have free run of their barns, with the cows choosing when they want to be milked in the robotic milking machine. The machine uses less water and energy than traditional milking machines."

The article goes on to describe other great green innovations at work on the farm.

Click on this link to finish reading the article Canada's first eco-dairy set to launch

I just, I mean literally, just finished reading Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer and have been a bit of a purple funk about the whole eating animals, eggs, drinking milk thing. Then I happened upon this article that someone linked to on Twitter and it has renewed my spirit somewhat. I only wish that I lived closer to it.


No comments: