Friday, March 5, 2010

A few of my favourite things...to read


I love, love to read and I often bring some of the books I read to my green meeting workshops to share with participants. Today, I thought I would share a few titles with you! They are in no particular order.

The 100 Mile Diet - A year of local eating by Alisa Smith and JB MacKinnon
I enjoyed this book. A couple of things prompted me to buy it; one being that they were from British Columbia and I am from BC and the other because I wanted to learn some practical guides to eating local. It delivered!

The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
This book is a must read! It is fabulous

Ecoholic -Your guide to the most environmentally friendly information, products and services in Canada by Adria Vasil
Good book, the information is well laid out

Cause for Success - 10 Companies that put profits second and came in first by Christine Arena
Good book, good for CSR reference material


Slow Death By Rubber Duck by Rick Smith and Bruce Lourie
This book is difficult to get through, not because of the way it is written, but because of the information that is provided. It shocked me, but informed me. Remember, knowledge is power. I would recommend this book.

Simple Steps to Green Meetings and Events by Amy Spatrisano and Nancy Wilson
Every planner should have this book! Mine is dog-eared and coffee stained. It is an important read for any planner who wants to cross over to the "green" side

Giving by Bill Clinton
Good book, introduces the world to unknown heroes

Our Iceberg is Melting by John Kotter and Holger Rathgeber
No, this isn't a book about global warming, it is a fable about doing well in a changing world. It is a must read! These writers are genius!

These are just a few of my books, I have so many more. Can you recommend any good books?

No comments: