Friday, March 26, 2010

I spy with my green eyes........



What a better way to enjoy this beautiful spring day than to take a walk and visit some of our downtown gift shops. Not only did I get to enjoy some great conversation, I spied some new products that I want to share with you.


First is the Bamboo Sheet set that I spied at the Olde Creek Store. Now, this is cheating a bit because I actually own a set of these sheets and I have purchased a set for my adult children as well. The bamboo sheets are like sleeping on silk....they are simply luxurious. They are hypo-allergenic and anti-bacterial (bamboo fibers have nature antibacterial protection that wick away moisture for comfort). They say that the bamboo is "three times more breathable than cotton". They are available in four colours and would be a wonderful eco-friendly Mother's Day gift or a graduation gift.

The other item is the "to die for" bamboo bath robe. If I put it on....it would be tough to get me out of it. The texture is simply out of this world and has to be seen to be appreciated.



Why bamboo? Bamboo is fast growing and thrives naturally without the use of pesticides and fertilizers. The bamboo fibre has a round surface, therefore it is soft against the skin. Believe me....once you begin wearing or sleeping on bamboo fabric, you won't go back to cotton. You can find bamboo shirts and outerwear, towels, socks and more!

The Olde Creek Store is located at the heart of downtown Dawson Creek, just one block south of the Mile Zero Post.


Enjoy!



No comments: